Planning for succession is a crucial step in protecting the continuity of an organization. Succession is best thought of as a continuing process, not a one-time event. It can be looked at through a variety of lenses.
Evolving Organizational Purpose & Changing Leadership Capability Needs
Succession planning can be a little like driving the car and changing the tires at the same time. How will the enterprise need to adjust over the next few years to remain relevant and in demand? Is the marketplace changing? Technology changing? How will the company’s purpose or deliverables change to stay relevant?
The skills and abilities of current leadership may not represent the blend needed to accomplish the vision for the future. What skills and abilities must the next leader bring in order to drive results in a changing, dynamic landscape?
Internal or External
The Malone Group has experience in providing answers to these questions and more. We create and implement tailored succession plans to minimize risk and increase the likelihood of seamless transitions. We build confidence among Boards of Directors regarding succession direction. Our consultants have designed and executed succession strategies for many types of firms from Fortune 100 to local not-for-profits. We partner every step of the way. We bring along our expertise in executive assessment, executive coaching, leadership development, and executive search to provide broadly encompassing succession solutions.
The Succession Planning efforts of The Malone Group can help:
- Define or clarify future direction, strategy, culture and goals
- Identify a leadership profile: Required competencies, capabilities and experiences
- Assess and validate bench strength
- Improve the diversity of the pool
- Build a better continuous pipeline
- Develop and ready high potential talent and “best bets”
- Best align the talent pool with with organizational strategy and direction
- Fulfill a plan for a very specific succession need